Need creative "out of the box" idea

FPGA projects on this site, or abroad

Need creative "out of the box" idea

Postby eviltwin » Thu May 17, 2007 3:06 am

For one of my fun/toy/game projects, I need your help with ideas. I need to find something small (about size of cigarette lighter), electrically operated something or other that can make a LOUD NOISE. I don't care if its a BUZZ, BOOOM, whistle or siren.

What kind of ideas you got for this?
It's good to be evil
eviltwin

Postby outer_space2 » Mon May 21, 2007 12:41 am

It cant be too loud. You can put alot of power in a small speaker (like the part of a cellphone that rings) But they use a lithium-ion battery thats bigger than a lighter. I don't know if theres any other way to make sound than a vibrating element. A whistle sounds like it would fit your purpose but how can you compress air in the size of a lighter?
outer_space2

Postby apullin » Mon May 21, 2007 8:17 pm

12g Co2 canister, a bicycle tire filling adapter, a solenoid to actuate the valve, and a rape whistle. That'd be pretty loud.

If it needs to be the size of a cigarette lighter, you're probably looking at having to machine your own little piece that'll have a storage tank, valve, and whistle reed into a block of aluminum, and put in a fill port for propane (because it is a liquid under storage pressue), or some PC duster.

Or just use some gunpowder in an open ended, very strong steel tube.
apullin

Return to General projects