Quadrature decoder project

FPGA projects on this site, or abroad

Quadrature decoder project

Postby me_here » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:24 pm

I'm interesting in quadrature decoder project, but i've a problem.
How to read the count of a quadrature decoder? please help me..., thanks a lot!
me_here

Postby fpga4fun » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 pm

Read by who?
The quadrature decoder counter is available in the FPGA (called "count" in the published code).
fpga4fun
Site Admin

Postby me_here » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:34 am

Of course read by me. I mean how to read the output of quadrature decoder? How to convert the output of quadrature decoder in to position information? Is quadrature decocer need a display to know the output? Thanks
me_here

Postby fpga4fun » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:46 am

The decoder is just a binary counter, and it just counts the pulses sent by the hardware. How it translates into a position is hardware dependent.
Now that you have this binary counter available in the FPGA, you can do anything you want with it. Put it on a display, send it to the PC. etc...
fpga4fun
Site Admin

Postby me_here » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:29 am

I've choose quadrature decoder using fpga as my final project. Could you give me some help to do it? i just confuse to convert output signal representing in timing diagram to position information, please explain me clearly. What the function of quad buffer schmitt trigger that used to replace existing IC in the mechanical mouse, could give me the schematic of the gate needed when the IC replaced by quad buffer schmitt trigger? Thanks a lot...
me_here

Return to General projects