PongGame project

FPGA projects on this site, or abroad

PongGame project

Postby Mistof » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 pm

Hi,

I am french so I'm sorry for my english :wink: ...
I am a student in Technical College, and I would like to know about this project (PongGame project), if it's possible to use an Altera Cyclone II board, to realize this project and if we can swap Verilog to VHDL

Thanks.
Mistof

Postby fpga4fun » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:10 pm

Any Cyclone will work, the project takes very little space in the FPGA. I originally used the Pluto board, and lately used the Xylo to run Pong.

If you want to use VHDL, you need to translate it yourself (unless someone has done the work already?)
fpga4fun
Site Admin

Postby Mistof » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:47 pm

I began to understand the PongGame project. On the VGA, I see very well the picture of the ball and the paddle...

But I have a problem, namely that the paddle doesn't move. So I'll want to know if one needs a kind of driver for the board recognizes the mouse, or if it's in the program, or if it's on the declaration of the pins that I mislead, or another thing...

Thanks to help me.
Mistof

Postby fpga4fun » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:35 pm

I modified a mouse. See http://www.fpga4fun.com/QuadratureDecoder.html
The pong game uses the modified mouse.
fpga4fun
Site Admin

Postby Mistof » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:41 pm

In fact, I really tired, I did anything... I forgot the quadrature decoder:x

Then, I put the quadrature decoder program, but I have nevertheless a problem...
i.ei that the assignement of pins, the software asks me to declare the counters and thus I cannot what make...

Thus, if you can help me to finish this project because the school year is finished soon, and I must do a ratio of this project...

Thanks.
Mistof

Return to General projects