interfacing fpga with a gui environment

Anything about FPGA boards, like how to assemble SMD components, find low-voltage regulators, FPGA configuration...

interfacing fpga with a gui environment

Postby ashsun » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:49 am

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and pretty much everything fpga related. i'm seeking advice and hope someone can help me.

I have to interface an fpga with a gui environment such as virtual studios C or qt (or some other visual environment) and was wondering if anyone knows a method i can used to do this?

The GUI should be able to send and receive instructions and information from the gui and print it to screen (basically). So the port has to be bi-directional. The information to be transmitted isn't going to be large.

I've heard that JTAG usb blaster can be used as a serial communication port between the fpga and PC. Can this be done? If so, how?

I've got a Altera Cyclone II fpga EP2C20F256C6 chip built into a microboard that has 8 ADC, over 60 IO pins and a JTAG port.

Thanks in advance
ashsun

Postby anch » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:27 pm

HI,

I made GUI in VCS.net , to initilize block memory in fpga with instructions and data thru serial cable. If this is related to ur need, i can send u my gui so that u have some idea.
anch

Postby ashsun » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:48 pm

To anch;

That that would be great! :D

It sounds very similar to what i have to make.

I'm not sure how the forum works in regards to communicating files though. How would you go about sending it?
ashsun

Postby anch » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:34 pm

I can send u by mail.
anch

Postby juanarkismo » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 am

@All: Sorry for reviving an old thread!
@anch,aoranlcd: Your email is not avaliable. Could you pls send your GUIs to me thru my email? I would appreciate very much (& recognize contrib/attrib if I use some of your code)!
juanarkismo

Return to General boards