Hardware + Super Noobies

How's fpga4fun working for you?

Hardware + Super Noobies

Postby sfxpete » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Hi,

Love the site. Well presented and thought out. Code and concepts have been easy enough to follow and thats coming from somebody with zero electronics background!! Which leads me onto .. The Super Noob!

Well thats what I'm calling myself. The random surfer who found his way here out of need to achieve something particular (I'm asking for help on it over in 'Help Requests' hint, hint :)). Or maybe I just accidently surfed in, don't matter really. Point is I'm at the website and started to read and think cool, I didn't know you could do that, I can code already and am a bit geeky so I might even be able to try this stuff out.

However, I get stuck because theres no help with the physical hardware for me 'The Super Noob'. Actually showing some more in-depth and upclose photos whith some diagrams for a particular FPGA (The Diligent Spartan 3E seems popular?) would really put the icing on the cake. Yes, it is hand holding but for the Super Noob its what I need, then I'll get a little more confident and attempt to blow things up all by myself!

Hell, I'll even buy a 'standard' board and some accersories for this exact purpose if somebody help me with my project over in 'Help Requests'. Putting community spirt to the test :)

Anyway, thats my 2p worth (2 cents if your in the USA :))

Peter Edwards, UK
sfxpete

Return to Comments