Xylo-L issue with LED example

Saxo/-L & Xylo/-EM/-L/-LM boards

Xylo-L issue with LED example

Postby PRCalDude » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:05 pm

I've soldered a line of male headers onto the first line of pins (closest to the FPGA) on the H3 header. I'm trying to use pin 25 to drive an LED on a breadboard. I've placed a 120 ohm resistor in series with the LED. After programming the board and hooking up everything in accordance with this example:
http://www.fpga4fun.com/Opto1.html

The LED isn't coming on. Am I using too small of a resistor, or could it be an issue with the soldering, the programming, or something else?
PRCalDude

Postby fpga4fun » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:27 pm

Try to make blink the LEDs that is on the board first, to make sure your FPGA project works. Then change the LED pin assignment to pin 25.
fpga4fun
Site Admin

Postby PRCalDude » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:58 am

fpga4fun wrote:Try to make blink the LEDs that is on the board first, to make sure your FPGA project works. Then change the LED pin assignment to pin 25.

Jean,
Thanks for your reply.

That's what I did, and it's still not working. I think I'm missing something as far as how to drive the pin high. I measured the voltage at that pin and didn't get anything, either AC or DC, whereas I should be seeing 3.3V
PRCalDude

Postby fpga4fun » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:22 am

Use the LEDblink project that's ready to compile in the startupkit. Make sure it works and then compare to your own project.
fpga4fun
Site Admin

Postby PRCalDude » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:00 pm

fpga4fun wrote:Use the LEDblink project that's ready to compile in the startupkit. Make sure it works and then compare to your own project.

Yeah, that was working just fine. I think I somehow nuked the CyUSB driver because everytime I try to reconfigure the FPGA, I receive the following error box:

"Is your board connected?"
"Is the right driver selected?"

"Can't open the CyUSB driver."

I know I installed the driver earlier, but I may have nuked it somehow when I was measuring the voltage on one of the pins on the USB cable I was using. The USB port still works b/c I tested it, but the CyUSB software doesn't.

Also, the FPGA isn't even listed in the device manager when I plug it in/remove it on a USB port.
PRCalDude

Return to FX2 FPGA boards