about to get started

Using Flashy or other ADC board

about to get started

Postby Tigger » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:10 pm

I just received my Flashy board together with a Xylo-EM. Amongst the sample files, I found only one that has to do with Flashy, Xylo-EM_FlashyD.rbf.
Is this a complete oscilloscope program and does it work on Flashy (single channel)?

When I run it I do not see my input signal, I only see the trigger level. I also bought an lcd and with both the Xylo-EM board and the lcd I received a zip-file with a bunch of files. Was I supposed to get a zip-file with the Flashy board too?
Tigger

Postby fpga4fun » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Yes, the rbf works for all flashys, even the one channel version. In the GUI, just disable the second channel. There is not other file for Flashy.

What version of Flashy did you get? You should get a flat trace.

Flashy should be connected on one side of the connector (since it is smaller than FlashyD), make sure you connect it on the correct side, according to the doc drawing.
fpga4fun
Site Admin

Postby Tigger » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:35 am

I got Flashy rev J and I chose rev J in the software.
I'll check the drawing on Monday but I connected the Flashy board on top of the XYLO-EM with the bnc ending up over of the usb, if that makes any sense to you. I'll try to clarify. If I hold up the boards, facing the top side in such manner that the interconnection is on the lower side of the boards, towards the floor, then my interconnection is as far left as possible.
Tigger

Postby fpga4fun » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:49 pm

fpga4fun
Site Admin

Return to Digital oscilloscope