Real time voice encryption using Fpga HELP NEEDED

Requests, not necessarily related to fpga4fun...

Real time voice encryption using Fpga HELP NEEDED

Postby shaunak » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 pm

hello friends.. i have to do a project on real tie voice encryption using Fpga.. can u suggest some resources or good books/reference materials for me to start.. i am a newbie to electronics ( doing engg in C.S), but i know Vhdl.. can u help me do the project.. i need suggestions regarding basic framework of project and which board to use.. Any help is Appreciated. Plz help ASAP :roll:
shaunak

Postby elpuri » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Since you will be transforming the audio into samples (binary data) any data encryption scheme works with voice as well as with any other data. Could be as simple as XORing the samples with a shared secret or as sophisticated as public key cryptography with protocol for exchanging keys and verifying the counterparty's identity.

What comes to boards I can recommend the Altera DE2 which has a AC97 audio codec for audio input and output and a good choice of communcations intefaces (USB, Ethernet, serial, GPIO). If you decide to go with this board (or a one with the same type of AC97 codec), I can provide a VHDL design for using it.
elpuri

Postby shaunak » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am

thank for Ur help.. i really need the design.. can u send me the design at shaunak@peoplestring.com
shaunak

Postby shaunak » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:17 pm

elpuri wrote:Since you will be transforming the audio into samples (binary data) any data encryption scheme works with voice as well as with any other data. Could be as simple as XORing the samples with a shared secret or as sophisticated as public key cryptography with protocol for exchanging keys and verifying the counterparty's identity.

What comes to boards I can recommend the Altera DE2 which has a AC97 audio codec for audio input and output and a good choice of communcations intefaces (USB, Ethernet, serial, GPIO). If you decide to go with this board (or a one with the same type of AC97 codec), I can provide a VHDL design for using it.

i got the board.. can u plz send me the design.. my email is shaunak@peoplestring.com also can u suggest a good simulator for me to work on.. thks
shaunak

Postby elpuri » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

Which AC97 chip does the board have?
elpuri

Postby shaunak » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:29 am

i got an old altera de2 board.. i can also get a virtex II pro board but i dont know the decoder chip.. can u plz help me by sending the design.. help is much appreciated.. :roll: thanks.. PLZ send ASAP...
shaunak

Return to Help requests