PCI development has anyone made a fpga schematic for a PCI

PCI development has anyone made a fpga schematic for a PCI

Postby josheeg » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:39 pm

PCI development has anyone made a fpga schematic for a PCI?
I seen HDL code on fpga4fun.com but it was in HDL.
It looks reasonable but I think a new user for clarity would rather find a schematic and it doen't need to be remade many times just work right 1 time and be documented.

I want to do this as a open source project and use kicad a free and open source cad tool.

The xilinx software can install to ubuntu I didn't see a icon and want to find how to start it. proably command line...

I want to use a PLCC package xilinx chip so it can be easly removed and placed.
josheeg

Re: PCI development has anyone made a fpga schematic for a P

Postby jjtech » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:51 pm

josheeg wrote:The xilinx software can install to ubuntu I didn't see a icon and want to find how to start it. proably command line...

FYI I am using Windows (not Linux) and the free Xilinx ISE WebPack to learn the tools & FPGAs. I am using ISE in both GUI and command line modes to compile the Verilog HDL code and generate FPGA executables. Try "xst<ENTER>" at the command line and see where it gets you. If XST starts, "quit<ENTER>" exits. [just verified in a DOS console window]

Regards.
jjtech
jjtech

Postby josheeg » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:00 pm

thanks that will be helpful does the schematic editor work in the free version? I did the full install by mistake and it says some things end after 30 days stop working. I think it is some other programs.
josheeg

Postby jjtech » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:10 pm

josheeg wrote:does the schematic editor work in the free version?

The schematic editor appears to work. I launched it with a design done in Verilog. I don't not think this is a limitation. I will revisit this approach later.

Regards.
edit: spelling; confirmed - schematic work in progress
jjtech
jjtech

Return to PCI