How to write/read to a usb jump drive

Pluto/-II/-3/-P boards

How to write/read to a usb jump drive

Postby neobrick » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:16 am

Hi

I purchased the pluto (oncyclone II) and my intentions are to build the scope. I think this is an excellent project. I read a few articles on this forum but haven't come across one building a usb port to read/write to a jump drive.

Could someone please please assist me? I have spent many hours (wks) working out basic code for plutoII to perform some cool math. I've incorporated a simple fuzzy logic inference engine. The simulation. s look good. However for my project to work correctly I need a large sample of data. This data is basically an instruction + data. The instruction is the fuzzy rule + a membership description.

My design looks like a program in ram w/a program counter which basically counts through membership functions. These membership functions are represented by a code which in turn is decoded to be computed across a universe of discourse.

Anyway my problem is I need to store data and read that data. I know I can place data in a jump drive for read/write purposes.

Can someone please help me with some ideas to connect the cycloneII to read/write via a usb port (since the jump drive is usb based). What do I need to communicate from the cycloneII (pluto 3) to build a usb interface and be able to read from a jump drive?

If anyone is interested in my proje ct I welcome all enthusiasts and welcome any questions. I am interested to post my results and purpose of my project if anyone can please assist or help guide me to write some vhdl to read/write to a usb device. If requested I will publish my results.

I did come up with an algorithm to calculate multiplication + division operations simultaneously. Ex: I can multiply and divide at the same cycle rate. I incorporated both operations in a single clock cycle(s). Ex: to multiply 142 * 210 / 218 is one operation not 2. Furthermore if a basic asm prog required 50 for multiplying and 50 for dividing that'd be 100 total. My algorithm is about 8 cycle for both operator simultaneously.

If you have questions as to why it works I am happy to explain. However I would like to share knowledge and someone please assist in the usb issue.

I want to add jump drives loaded with lots of data to be calculated.

I need to read and write to a usb device using the PLUTO 3.

Thank you for you time. Please send any questions or advice to:

scp2000@hotmail.com

Thanks Much for any info you can provide
Steve
neobrick

Return to Pluto FPGA boards