Ohooh!! This is not a good sign !

Dragon

Ohooh!! This is not a good sign !

Postby Beemer » Sat May 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Big problem here! :shock:
I think something is F**** up on my Dragon board. All was working fine with some test programs i uploaded to the board but when i tried to upload a P&P test program the PC locked up every time (PCI and USB pc is the same) so i try to upload the bit file from my laptop with PCI PC off and boot with the configuration loaded (so with 5V power from the laptop). But the configurator program don't work on the laptop (64bit):?
So i tried to load the bit file again from the other PC (PCI PC) and then switch the USB to the laptop so the dragon keeps powered from USB (laptop) while i reboot the PCI computer. During reboot the PCI computer locked up and after that the PC don't connect to the dragon anymore via USB eather :roll:. Removed the Dragon from the PCI slot, rebooted and tried to just connected the USB but no luck. Now i discovered that the LM1117 regulator on the back is getting very hot. Measured the voltages and found the 5V is ok but 3,3v is only at 0.4V ..... Anyone had the same problem or do someone have a suggestion :? Could be just the LM thats gone but maybe the USB controller can be bad to ... Can this be repaired?

Greetzzzz,
Beemer

Postby fpga4fun » Sat May 01, 2010 3:29 pm

Contact the board vendor, maybe they can fix it.
fpga4fun
Site Admin

Postby Beemer » Sat May 01, 2010 3:40 pm

Yes was going to do that but maybe it could be a problem with the configuration bit file i uploaded to the board that is cosing a short somewhere that drops the 3,3v to ground... It would be strange because normally when i re power the board it should load the configuration that is in the eeprom i guess.... Was hoping there is some kind of reset procedure i could use....
Beemer

Return to PCI FPGA board