Digital Scope with VGA output

Using Flashy or other ADC board

Digital Scope with VGA output

Postby NelsonBR » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:01 pm

It is possible to build a 2-channel digital scope using some high-speed A/D (from TI?), a text/graphics video generator, memory controller, and CPU interface - or built in CPU - with the Pluto II board? Can this implementation fits in its FPGA? The I/O board and possible CPU board will be apart, of course.
My idea is to build a low cost digital scope/logic analyser and possible frequency meter and multimeter on one "box", and plug it on a VGA monitor, totally stand-alone.

Any ideas will be welcome!

Best regards,
Nelson
NelsonBR

Postby Kristallo » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:23 am

That should be possible, but it depends on how fixed your design goals are and how clever you are. The CPU might be a very tight fit, it depends on if you find a suitable one or design your own.

I am working on something similar using a Spartan II chip. I am aiming to fit everything on the chip. I will be limited to storing a few thousand samples but a clever programmable trigger mechanism will make that problem almost dissapear.

The VGA signal generator was simple to make. I have made simulations for the CPU and a graph generator that does not use any memory except for the stored samples.
Kristallo

Re: Digital Scope with VGA output

Postby tinteena » Wed May 18, 2011 6:28 am

What kind of tv has a toslink and vga input? I bought some cables for my Xbox 360 and didn't realize that they require a tv with the proper inputs. I need a tv that has an optical input (Toslink), and a VGA input. What kind of TV has both?

Return to Digital oscilloscope